|09:00 - 17:00
In the year that the Society celebrates its 50th anniversary the MCG workshop will address the themes of:
- Retrospectives if individual map collections
- Historical aspects of map curatorship and librarianship
- Recent initiatives in map collections and
- Future developments in map collections
- Simon Caunt, Information Manager, The Coal Authority, "From Baedeker to Buzz Lightyear – Creating a 21st Century Digital Map Collection … and so much more"
- Jennifer Kelly, Librarian, North of England Institute of Mining and Mechanical Engineers, "Map curatorship on a budget of nil"
- Jerry Brotton, Queen Mary, University of London, "The death of the map"
- Emma Diffley, Edina, "Maps & Apps"
- Tom Harper and Stella Wisdom, British Library, "Off the map"
A visit is arranged on the morning of Wednesday 4 September to Boughton House, Kettering to view maps and the house. This visit will run depending on demand and bookings received before 1st July. Delegates who attend the visit and wish to return to Hothorpe to attend the afternoon session of the Symposium can book a half day Symposium Attendance at a reduced fee.
Tuesday 3rd September, 09:00 – 17:00
Delegate fee £78.00 (+VAT) includes:
workshop, business meeting, lunch, refreshments and the opportunity to stay to the opening of the commercial exhibition, wine reception and Helen Wallis lecture being given by Nick Millea, Map Librarian, Bodleian Library commencing at 17:15
Wednesday 4th September
09:00 – 13:00 - Visit to Boughton House
Delegate fee £25.00 (+VAT) includes:
entrance to house and coach fare to and from Hothorpe House.
13:00 – 18:15 Annual Symposium programme
Half day delegate fee £78.00 (+VAT) includes: lunch, refreshments, presentations and keynote session.