Steer Davies Gleave is seeking to recruit a design or cartography graduate to join its dynamic, multi-disciplinary Design for Movement team. You may be a design graduate who likes maps or a cartography graduate who likes design. You will need to be proficient in using Adobe Creative Suite, MAPublisher and have knowledge of GIS.
The ideal candidate will have creative flair, be meticulous and accurate, plus have a keen eye for detail. They will be able to work in a demanding environment on multiple tasks across a wide range of disciplines that could have you working on an Olympic bid one week and a regional cycle map the next.
Assist the design team to provide company-wide cartographic support services, including the design and production of:
- Cartographic solutions for policy documents, technical reports, and international bids
- Digital maps for web based applications, in particular journey planners
- Pedestrian-focused mapping system for cities and traditional printed maps for walking and cycling
- Have relevant experience in consultancy or another role related to transport
- Must be meticulous and accurate with a keen eye for detail
- Must have a flair for design so the maps created informative and ‘beautiful’
- Enjoys working in a high pressure, collaborative environment
- Quick learner who enjoys developing new skills
- Strong skills in: Illustrator, MAPublisher & InDesign
- Knowledge of ArcGIS
- Ability to interact with various map-related packages and solutions
- Strong time management, reflecting excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to effectively prioritise workloads and meet strict deadlines according to the needs of the business
Due to potential increase in immediate workload, applications from freelance cartographers (all levels) are also welcome.
- Experience in online / web-based mapping an advantage
Steer Davies Gleave is an equal opportunities employer.
If you wish to apply to this vacancy, please send your covering letter and CV to Leo Wing (email@example.com).
Posted: 3rd June 2014
Closing Date: 17th June 2014