GIS / Database Manager
An opportunity has arisen to work and develop a new department within Treework Environmental Practice, one of the UK’s leading tree consultancy companies.
The role consists of the management of hardware and software for carrying out tree surveys, plotting of trees and other features to assist in the production of reports and plans.
The role will also include development liaison, testing and support of Treework Environmental Practice’s tree management software (MyTrees) which combines database and GIS.
Key to the role is the ability to work with people at all levels of this growing company, develop good relationships with suppliers, clients and external partners and to work with management on strategic planning.
The successful applicant will have the following attributes:
Experience and knowledge of GIS
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Experience and knowledge of databases
- Excellent all round IT skills
Project and or / people management
- Excellent self-management
- Ability to work in a team environment and work to tight deadlines
- Able to demonstrate technical knowledge and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of data management
- A positive ‘can-do’ attitude, proactive individual
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and high quality delivery
Experience and knowledge of Arboriculture
- Experience and knowledge of Ordnance Survey datasets
- Experience and knowledge of reporting packages such as iReport
- Experience knowledge of landscape architecture or architecture
- Good awareness on GIS industry technology and developments
- Business sales experience
- Able to work in Bristol
For more information visit the Treework Environmental Practice website or call direct:
Tel: 01172 440 012
Mob: 07813 186 717
Posted: 1st July 2014
Closing Date: n/a