Apply for Fellowship
Benefits of Membership
• A subscription to The Cartographic Journal, providing technical articles, news and reviews of all aspects of the cartographic profession. Four issues per year
• A copy of Maplines, the Society's Magazine with information on activities, lecture programmes and professional opportunities. Three issues per year.
• Special Interest Groups catering for specialised interests and activities of the membership - providing directories, catalogues, forums and workshops.
• An invitation to the Society's Annual Symposium in June and Map Curators Workshop in September
• Entry to the Society's Annual Awards programme for cartographic excellence.
• Access to The Society Library, a valuable resource centre containing an important collection of journals, seminar papers, reports and maps.
Contact Us for more information.
• Fellowship - Fellowship of the British Cartographic Society is bestowed by the BCS Council upon members who have sufficiently contributed to the cartographic profession and/or who have been long standing members of the Society. View notes on becoming a Fellow or
Contact Us for a Fellowship Application Form.
• The opportunity to keep in touch with other cartographic professionals, to exchange views and information in the only professional forum in Britain dedicated to promoting the art and science of mapmaking. Register for The BCS Forum.
• Freelance Cartographers Directory, an opportunity for self employed members to advertise on this website
Additional Benefits for Corporate Members:
• Two copies of The Cartographic Journal and Maplines per edition
• Free insertion of product news in Maplines
• Corporate Members Directory, an opportunity for small and ordinary corporate members to advertise their work with a 72dpi gif or jpg, 640px wide, and also list contact details and a biography.
• Award winners may, with agreement of the Society, have use of the Society Logo in their publicity material.
• An invitation to join the Exhibition at the Society's Annual Symposium every September.