The British Library
- Collection Name: Map Library
- Reference Number: 001
- Date of last revision: 25 November 2001
- Address: 96 Euston Road, London, NW1 2DB
- Person in charge: Peter Barber (Map Librarian)
- Contact telephone number(s): 020 712 7700 / 7702
- Contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.bl.uk/
- Opening hours: Mon 1000-1700, Tues-Sat 0930-1700
- Access: General access to those aged 18 and over with a British Library Reader's Pass, obtainable from Reader Admissions Office.
24 hour advance notice needed for India Survey maps.
- Facilities for copying: Reprographic and photographic services are available.
Content: The map collection comprises over 4 million items, including atlases, maps, charts, globes and topographical views, in both manuscript and printed form. In particular, the collection covers British cartography past and present, including legal-deposit holdings of Ordnance Survey and maps of America; Renaissance cartography; and thematic maps. The Map Library also aims at comprehensive world coverage through current topographical map series, if available, at scales of 1:50,000 and smaller.
The special collections include KING GEORGE III's MARITIME and TOPOGRAPHICAL COLLECTIONS, the CRACE COLLECTION of maps and plans of London, and the BEUDEKER COLLECTION of Dutch maps and views (1600-1750).