Call for papers – now open
— News release: 6th March 2019
The 2019 British Cartographic Society and Society of Cartographers Annual Conference will be held on the 11th and 12th September at Great Britain's National Mapping Agency - Ordnance Survey.
This years programme is almost complete and includes presentations from;
- David Wood - Head of Geography, Government Science & Engineering
- Paul Cruddace - Ordnance Survey
- Craig Taylor - ito
- Katie Maple - Curator of Solent University’s, Showcase Gallery
- Elliot Hartley - Garsdale Design Ltd
- Simon Miles - The Loose Goat
As part of this years programme we will be running a Pecha Kucha session.
PechaKucha (Japanese: ぺちゃくちゃ, IPA: [petɕa kɯ̥tɕa], chit-chat) is a presentation style in which 20 slides are shown for 20 seconds each (6 minutes and 40 seconds in total) and we are now seeking paper submissions.
Submissions are invited for papers to the Pecha Kucha session only and those interested in making a contribution to the conference should email Paul Naylor at firstname.lastname@example.org
At this stage we will require;
- Title of Presentation
- Short Abstract (maximum of 100 words)
- Please add Pecha Kucha as the subject of your email
Each proposal will be subject to review against the following criteria
- Originality/Innovation of the content
- Relevance to the cartographic community
- Anticipated interest in the subject matter.
All submissions will be required on or before the 30th April 2019.