Department for Communities (NI)
- Collection Name: Public Record Office of Northern Ireland
- Reference Number: 491
- Date of last revision: 1 August 2017
- Address: 2 Titanic Boulevard, Titanic Quarter, BELFAST, BT3 9HQ
- Person in charge: Director (Dr Michael Willis)
- Main contact: Dr Glynn Kelso
- Contact telephone number(s): (028) 9053 4800
- Contact email address: email@example.com
- Website: www.nidirect.gov.uk/proni
- Opening hours: Mon, Wed, Fri 09.00-16.45 (Document ordering times: 09.00-16.15); Thurs 10.00-20.45 (Document ordering times 10.00-20.00).
- Access: No appointment is necessary. You must register as a Visitor to access records onsite - please bring photographic ID on your first visit.
- Facilities for copying: Visitors can photograph most documents (excluding those with specified restrictions) free of charge using their own digital camera, mobile phone or tablet. Self-service copying and professional copying also available.
Content: Printed and manuscript maps of Northern Ireland but also of Ireland and parts of the Republic of Ireland, including historical and pre-OS maps (1550-1850); OS larger scale maps for the Northern Irish counties (1:10,560 (1830s, 1860s, 1900s and 1920-30); 1:2,500 (1900s, 1920s)); and 19th century town plans.