Greenwich Council

Key Information

  • Collection Name: Greenwich Heritage Centre
  • Reference Number: 030
  • Date of last revision: 15 October 2005
  • Address: Royal Arsenal, London, SE18 4DX
  • Person in charge: Local History Librarian
  • Contact telephone number(s): 020 8854 2452
  • Contact email address: heritage.centre@greenwich.gov.uk
  • Website: www.greenwich.gov.uk/
  • Opening hours: Mon-Tue 0900-1730; Thur 0900-2000; Sat 0900-1700
  • Facilities for copying: Photocopying and colour laser copying facilities available.

Content: Approximately 2,000 maps and plans, including OS of the Borough (1801, 1869, 1897, 1916, 1948 [partial coverage] and 1955 to date) at 1: 10,560, 1: 2500 and 1: 1250, depending on date.
In addition, various maps and plans (manuscript, printed or photographic copies) dating from the seventeenth century to the present day. Among them:- Grove's map of Greenwich 1660, Barker's plan of Woolwich 1749, Holmes' survey of Eltham 1749, Tithe maps 1839 - 1846, the Gossett plans of Woolwich 1853, LCC plans based on Ordnance Survey 1937.

Published by: Clare Gordon

Clare Gordon