Liverpool City Council
- Collection Name: Liverpool Central Library
- Reference Number: 275
- Date of last revision: 8 February 2007
- Address: William Brown Street LIVERPOOL L3 8EW
- Person in charge: Miss J Little (Head of Library and Information Services)
- Main contact: Ms. R. Grodner (Team Leader Business and Technology) or Mr. M Stoker (Manager Record Office and Local Studies)
- Contact telephone number(s): 0151 233 5844 (Humanities, Reference) / 0151 2335817 Local Studies and Archives)
- Contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.liverpool.gov.uk
- Opening hours: Mon-Fri 0900-1800; Sat 0900-1700; Sun 1200-1600 Record Office and Local Studies; closure for 2 weeks in June.
- Access: Record Office and Local Studies; reader's ticket required which can be obtained on giving proof of name and address.
- Facilities for copying: Photocopying, microfilming, microfilm reader
- Humanities Reference Department
Approx. 20,000 sheets. OS 1:50,000, 1:25,000 and 1:10,000 for UK;
1:1,250 for Merseyside; smaller scales as published. Various
earlier editions at 1:10,560. Geological Survey at
1:10,560/10,000 as published. Other misc. collections.
- Record Office and Local History Department
Covers Liverpool, Merseyside and surrounding area. OS County Series 1:2,500 and 1:10,560, also some 1:10,560 for Cheshire and Lancashire. Liverpool at 1:1,056 (1849).
Street maps of Liverpool; estate maps - originals and some copies; copies of tithe maps. Holds the manorial and estate records of the Marquis of Salisbury (15-20th centuries).
Houses the library of the Historic Society of Lancashire and Cheshire.
The Lending Library has a loan set of OS 1:50,000.
Published by: Clare Gordon