London Borough of Barking and Dagenham
- Collection Name: Heritage Services Department
- Reference Number: 021
- Date of last revision: 4 December 2000
- Address: Valence House Museum, Becontree Avenue, Dagenham, Essex, RM8 3HT
- Person in charge: Sue Curtis (Heritage Services Manager)
- Contact telephone number(s): 020 8270 6864
- Contact email address: email@example.com
- Website: www.barking-dagenham.gov.uk/4-valence/valence-menu.html
- Opening hours: Tue to Fri 09:30 - 13:00, 14:00 - 16:30; Sat 10:00 - 16:00
- Access: An appointment is necessary to view archive material
- Facilities for copying: Photocopying facilities available in the Valence Library
Content: A small number of historic maps of Essex and of the local area (l6th-2Oth centuries), including Chapman & Andre's Map of Essex (1777) and a copy of A Map of the Royal Liberty of Havering (ca.1618).
The Reference Department of the Valence Library itself (Tel: 0181-592-6537) has a collection of mainly OS maps, current and historic, of the local area.
Also a collection of aerial photographs (several dates).
Located in the Valence Library
Published by: Clare Gordon