London Borough of Bexley
- Collection Name: Bexley Local Studies and Archive Centre
- Reference Number: 023
- Date of last revision: 28 February 2000
- Address: Townley Road, Bexleyheath, Kent, DA6 7HJ
- Person in charge: Local Studies Manager
- Contact telephone number(s): 020 8301 1066; Info.line 020 8301 5151; Local Studies 020 8301 1545
- Website: www.bexley.gov.uk/service/lib-central.html
- Opening hours: Mon-Sat 0900-1700
- Facilities for copying: Photocopier and microfilm reader available.
Pre-1900 restrictions on photocopying and OS copyright restrictions.
Content: Most of the historically important county maps of Kent from 1575 onwards (original or reproductions), including copies of the surveyors' drawings (1799) for the OS map of Kent (1801). OS 1:10,560/1:10,000 (1870s to date) and 1:2,500 (1860s to date) for the area. Miscellaneous transport and public utilities plans, including originals of Town Planning Applications.
Special collections include the local Tithe Map and Apportionments and the Enclosure Award and Maps. Also many important estate plans are held in the archive collection especially for Hall Place and Dawson Estates.
Note: Current editions of the OS 1:1,250 are housed in the Reference Library, Townley Road, Bexleyheath.
Published by: Clare Gordon