London Borough of Bromley
- Collection Name: Local Studies Department
- Reference Number: 025
- Date of last revision: 5 October 2012
- Address: Central Library, High Street, Bromley, Kent, BR1 1EX
- Person in charge: Mr. Simon McKeon (Local Studies and Archives Manager, Bexley and Bromley Local Studies and Archives)
- Contact telephone number(s): 020 8461 7170
- Website: www.bromley.gov.uk/info/1062/libraries-local_collections/377/local_studies_library_and_archives
- Opening hours: Mon, Wed, Fri 0930-1800; Tues, Thurs 0930-2000; Sat 0930-1700
- Access: Prior appointment is advisable. Some tithe, estate, or Crystal Palace maps must be ordered in advance.
- Facilities for copying: Photocopying and microfiche printouts available.
Content: Approx. 2,300 items, including maps and plans of the borough and, to a lesser extent, of Kent, southeast London and Surrey. OS maps (various scales and editions), together with Geological Survey and land use maps, form a large part of the collection. There are also tithe and estate plans, rights-of-way and administrative maps.
About 200 early OS maps have been put onto microfilm. There are also Reference Books to some of the early OS 1:2,500 sheets, Tithe Apportionment books and Geological Memoirs, as well as aerial photographs for the borough.
Published by: Clare Gordon