London Borough of Hackney
- Collection Name: Hackney Archives Department
- Reference Number: 031
- Date of last revision: 28 February 2000
- Address: 43 De Beauvoir Road, London, N1 5SQ
- Person in charge: Mr. D.L. Mander (Borough Archivist)
- Contact telephone number(s): (020) 7241 2886 (direct)
- Contact email address: email@example.com
- Website: www.hackney.gov.uk/history/data/ha_fr.htm
- Opening hours: Mon-Tue, Thur (and 1st and 3rd Sats. in month) 09:30-13:00, 14:00-17:00. Closed 1st May, and for a fortnight in year (flexible, but announced in advance)
- Facilities for copying: Photocopying, photographic services and microprinter/reader and CAPS copies available.
Content: Approx. 2,000 OS and other maps, for the present Borough of Hackney (former Boroughs of Hackney, Shoreditch and Stoke Newington), in printed collections, or forming parts of official and deposited records.
Some archival maps available in copy form in searchroom.
More detail is given in the current Hackney edition of the Guide to London Local History Resources, available from the Archives Department.
Publications include maps of Shoreditch (1745), Hackney (in 4 sheets, 1831), and Stoke Newington (1846).
Published by: Clare Gordon