National Museums and Galleries of Northern Ireland (Ulster Museum)
- Collection Name: Geology Department
- Reference Number: 499
- Date of last revision: 14 November 2006
- Address: Botanic Gardens, BELFAST, Northern Ireland, BT9 5AB
- Person in charge: Mr. Kenneth W. James (Curator - Geology)
- Contact telephone number(s): (028) 9038 3135
- Contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.ulstermuseum.org.uk/
- Opening hours: Mon-Fri 0900-1725
- Access: Any bona fide enquirer. Prior appointment desirable.
- Facilities for copying: Photocopying facilities available.
Content: Collection of early and modern geological maps, including England and Wales, by William Smith (1815); England, Wales and Scotland, by J. and C. Walker (1837, 1838); Counties Kildare, Wicklow, Carlow and Wexford (1840-41); Ireland, by Sir Richard Griffith (1852-55); Ireland, by J.B. Jukes (1867); and Ireland, by E. Hull (1878). Modern maps include a complete range of Geological Survey of Ireland maps, with memoirs; and assorted geological maps of the British Isles and the rest of the world.