The Natural History Museum
- Collection Name: Library and Archives
- Reference Number: 053
- Date of last revision: 1 June 2017
- Address: Cromwell Road, London, SW7 5BD (Nearest underground station: South Kensington)
- Main contact: Hellen Pethers
- Contact telephone number(s): 020 7942 5460 (Enquiry desk)
- Contact email address: email@example.com
- Website: www.nhm.ac.uk/library
- Opening hours: Tuesday to Thursday 1000-1600
- Access: Free. Reference only. By appointment only, eight working days' notice is required. Please identify items from the online collection search and email request. Two forms of formal ID required. Visit website for full membership details.
- Facilities for copying: Self service copier for suitable material, USB book scanner and photography (no flash) is permitted.
Content: The collections are divided between three libraries. Geological and mineralogical maps are located in the Earth Sciences Library. Vegetation maps are in the Botany Library. The General Library contains topographical maps.
Topographical and geological maps world-wide, with some vegetation, mineral and soil maps. Mostly 20th century, but some 19th century. Includes a collection of early geological maps.