Sussex Archaeological Society
- Collection Name: Barbican House Library
- Reference Number: 326
- Date of last revision: 13 December 2017
- Address: Barbican House, 169 High Street LEWES East Sussex BN7 1YE
- Person in charge: Esme Evans (Hon. Librarian)
- Contact telephone number(s): 01273 405738
- Contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.sussexpast.co.uk
- Opening hours: Tues-Sat 10-4.30, Sun & Mon 11-4.30 for members.
- Access: Access for non-members (Mon-Fri only) by prior arrangement.
- Facilities for copying: Photocopier available.
- Catalogues available: There is a printed Catalogue of Manuscript Maps in the Custody of the Sussex Archaeological Society (K.W. Dickins, 1981) – all have been transferred.
Many maps are included in the online library catalogue at https://sussexpast.co.uk/research/library. These maps are currently (2017) being recatalogued and entries augmented.
Approx 500 printed maps, reproductions etc. from 16th century onwards.
Approx 600 MS maps, mainly of Sussex (1600-) are now housed in East Sussex Record Office (The Keep) and West Sussex Record Office. See Catalogue section.