University of York
- Collection Name: Borthwick Institute of Historical Research
- Reference Number: 363
- Date of last revision: 28 February 2000
- Address: St. Anthony's Hall, Peasholme Green YORK YO1 7PW
- Person in charge: Prof. D.M. Smith (Director)
- Contact telephone number(s): 01904-642315
- Website: www.york.ac.uk/inst/bihr
- Opening hours: Mon-Fri 0930-1250, 1400-1650
- Access: Members of the public must make prior appointments.
- Facilities for copying: Photocopying and photographic facilities available.
Content: Maps form part of the deposited archives. Tithe maps for the Diocese of York (1830s-1840s) are held and a handlist is available for purchase. Large 1" OS collection (1805-49); estate and parish maps C.16 - C.20, mostly for ecclesiastical estates. A comprehensive map catalogue is currently being produced.