University of Wales, Aberystwyth
- Collection Name: E.G. Bowen Map Library
- Reference Number: 397
- Date of last revision: 28 February 2000
- Address: Institute of Geography & Earth Sciences, Llandinam Building, Penglais, ABERYSTWYTH Ceredigion SY23 3DB
- Person in charge: Dr. Sandra E. Wheatley (Hon. Map Curator) Assistant: Antony Smith (Techician)
- Contact telephone number(s): 01970-622603 (direct) / 01970 622601
- Contact email address: email@example.com
- Opening hours: Term only: Tues, Wed & Thurs 1400-1600 Vacations: By appointment only.
Content: Circa 80,000 sheets and 500 atlases/reference books. Topographic coverage of Great Britain at 1:63,360, 1:50,000 and 1:25,000; Wales at 1:10,560/1:10,000; North Ceredigion (i.e. Cardiganshire) at 1:2,500; Welsh 1:500 town plans. Earth science coverage includes all current Geological Survey sheets at 1:63,360/1:50,000 and at 1:25,000; all Soil Survey sheets for England and Wales at
1:63,360 and smaller, and all of Wales (and many English sheets) at 1:25,000. Most of first LUS (1:63,360) and all published 2nd Land Use (1:25,000). Good coverage of rest of world at 1:1M. and fair coverage of France, USA and Canada at 1:250,000 and larger, as well as some other European and African countries.
Publishes two Map Information Leaflets:
- General (Welsh and English language versions).
- Maps of Aberystwyth and District. Photocopier available.