Wiltshire Archaeological and Natural History Society
- Collection Name: Library
- Reference Number: 354
- Date of last revision: 7 April 2006
- Address: Wiltshire Heritage Museum, 41 Long Street, DEVIZES Wilts. SN10 1NS
- Person in charge: Dr L Haycock (Librarian)
- Contact telephone number(s): 01380 727369
- Contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.wiltshireheritage.org.uk/
- Opening hours: Library open Tue to Sat 10:00 - 17:00
Content: Between 1,000 and 2,000 maps. A broad based collection of material with any relevance to the interests of the Society (e.g. topographical, antiquarian, archaeological or natural history). The collection has 542 of the 718 maps of Wiltshire listed by Thomas Chubb in his Catalogue of the Printed Maps of Wiltshire 1576-1885 (WANHS, Devizes, 1911). Large collection of OS maps of the county at all scales.
include the original 1:10,560 OS maps used by O.G.S. Crawford in his survey (with annotations), and those used by Dr. T.R. Thomson (annotated with Saxon field names). Also a few tithe and estate maps.
The Society's collection of manuscript maps has been presented to the County Record Office.