When you join the British Cartographic Society you are entitled to a range of excellent benefits, including subscriptions to leading cartographic publications and special discounts.
Membership benefits include:
- A subscription to The Cartographic Journal - the Society's peer-reviewed periodical, containing cutting-edge technical articles, news and reviews of all aspects of the cartographic profession (4 Issues per year)
- A subscription to Maplines - the Society's magazine, containing information on activities, lecture programmes and professional opportunities (3 Editions per year)
- Membership of a Special Interest Group - catering for specialised interests and activities and provide directories, catalogues, forums and workshops
- An invitation to the Society's Annual Symposium - our established training and networking event that includes the Gala Dinner and Awards Ceremony
- Fellowship - Fellowship of the British Cartographic Society (FBCartS) is bestowed by the BCS Council upon Members who have sufficiently contributed to the cartographic profession and/or who have been long-standing Members of the Society. View notes on becoming a Fellow or Contact Us for a Fellowship Application Form
- Freelance Cartographers Directory - an opportunity for self-employed Members to advertise on this website
- Ordnance Survey Discount - 25% off Paper Maps, Custom Made, Historical and OS Maps in the OS online shop
- Stanfords Discount - 10% off in the Stanfords online shop
- Charles Close Society Discount - buy CCS publications at the same preferential prices given to CCS Members
- Taylor & Francis Group - 30% off books. www.crcpress.com or www.routledge.com
- Soviet map reprints - 20% off sheets from The Red Atlas.
Additional benefits for Corporate Members:
- Two copies of The Cartographic Journal and Maplines per Issue/Edition
- Free insertion of product news in Maplines
- Corporate Members Directory - an opportunity for all Corporate Members to advertise their work and list contact details and a biography. Award winners may, in agreement with the Society, use the Society's logo in their publicity material
- An invitation to join the Exhibition at the Society's Annual Symposium
Summary of Membership Benefits
|Benefit / Membership Type||Student||Affiliate||Full||Corporate||Small Corporate||Educational||Fellow|
|Discounts (OS, Stanfords, etc.)|
|The Cartographic Journal
|Free participation in Better Mapping workshops|
|Vote at AGM|
|Election to Council|
|Invitation to exhibit at the Annual Symposium|
|Free listing in BCS Freelancers' Directory|
|Free listing in BCS Corporates' Directory|
A double-tick represents two copies of the relevant publication.
All members are expected to support and adhere to the Society's Code of Ethics.