East Lothian Council
Circa 350 maps of East Lothian. All of OS 1:10,560 (1854 edition and 1950-80) for East Lothian and Inveresk/Musselburgh; all of OS 1:2,500 East Lothian and Inveresk/Musselburgh, most of 1:2,500 (1907 edition); some other large scale OS maps. Town plans; estate maps; county maps (16th-19th centuries) and thematic maps. Holds the only known copy of Wood's Plan of Dunbar.
Special collection of coal mining maps in the DAVID SPENCE ARCHIVE.
Publishes facsimile reprints of:
Wood's Plan of Dunbar (1830) and his Plan of Haddington (1819) [out of print].
Plan of Battle of Prestonpans (1745). Hay's plan of Musselburgh (1824). Sketch of village of Tranent (1797).
Located in the Local History Centre, Haddington Public Library, Newton Port, Haddington.
Dunbar Road HADDINGTON East Lothian EH41 3PJ
Craig Statham (Local History Officer)
Mon 1400-1800; Tue 1000-1300, 1400-1900; Thurs 1400-1900; Fri 1400-1700 Closed Wed. Closed over Christmas, New Year and Easter.
Photocopying, scanning and Faxing available