Vestry House Museum Archives and Local Studies Library
London Borough of Waltham Forest
OS coverage for former Boroughs of Chingford, Leyton and Walthamstow from 1863, and for the present LB of Waltham Forest from 1965 to date. Commissioners of Sewers maps (1747-1818); local estate maps (1699 onwards); tithe maps for Chingford, Leyton and Walthamstow (1838-43); Epping
Forest Arbitration maps, etc. (l9th-20th centuries); maps of the County of Essex from 1576. Geology, land use, town planning and war damage maps.
Collections include A. Forbes's Manor of Walthamstow (1699) and John Coe's Parish of Walthamstow (1822).
Vestry Road, Walthamstow, London, E17 9NH
020 8496 4381
Mon-Fri 1000-1300, 1400-1715, Alternate Sats. 1000-1300, 1400-1645
All access by appointment only
Photocopying and photographic services available.